As free trials, licenses and subscriptions expire, many software publishers and service providers are faced with the challenge of retaining these customers. Converting free and trial users into paying customers can be tricky since many customers may hesitate to pay for premium features or product upgrades, even though they want the advanced functionality.
With TrialPay, you can re-engage customers and generate incremental revenue by implementing the following strategies:
- Use a direct Web placement, such as a custom-designed banner, to present customers with the chance to renew or access premium features for free through TrialPay.
- Set up scheduled email campaigns presenting the TrialPay option prompting users to upgrade to the premium version of your product or renew their expiring subscription for free.
Scheduled emails are emails that are sent at regular intervals when your users meet specific requirements, such as installing your software, reaching the last week of a trial period or upon subscription expiration. Here are some key things to bear in mind for successful email campaigns:
1. Keep the messaging simple
Remind users that their trial or subscription is about to expire and integrate the TrialPay option as a way for users to get your product or service for free. Highlight the value of the premium features of your paid product or service.
2. Regularly scheduled reminders are more effective than email blasts
Create a schedule of email reminders that will automatically be sent to expiring users at specific intervals. For example, you might send an email with the TrialPay option to customers who only have two weeks left in their trial. Send timely emails starting in the weeks before subscription expirations or shortly after the end of a free trial.
3. Make sure to email a qualified user base
A qualified user base consists of users who are due for an upgrade or renewal soon, or have lapsed within the last couple of months. Emails sent to qualified user bases have significantly higher conversion rates because the content is more relevant to their needs.
4. Reap additional benefits by including a “Buy” button
The optional inclusion of a “Buy” button with the TrialPay option can help you reap the benefits of both cart sales and incremental revenue from TrialPay.
Log into your merchant account now or contact email@example.com to get started. Our account management team is always available to provide tailored touchpoint recommendations, graphics resources, account support and expertise on best practices.