We mentioned the growing importance of the mobile market to holiday sales a couple weeks ago, and this week, Sparked released an infographic highlighting mobile trends for the upcoming holiday season. Key takeaways include:
• Mobile retail sales are projected to grow by 64 percent this year
• One third of shoppers used their mobile phones while in a store to look at product reviews and compare prices
• Shoppers are three times as likely to purchase a product on their tablet than on their phone
Check out the full infographic here.
Here’s what else we’ve been reading at TrialPay this week:
• What’s the Best Way to Build a New App: An evaluation of the pros and cons of building a native app, a web-based app or adopting a platform approach.
• Don’t Get More Players. Get More Players Playing More: With player acquisition costs rising, this article explores how developers should shift their thinking about game monetization.
• Clumsy Ninja Melds Zany Character with True Human Motion & Reacts to You: An exposé on Clumy Ninja, one of our favorite new games here at TrialPay.